Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tomorrow...lol

Okay, so I know I said I was going to post more pictures 'tomorrow.' But I think November 9th is somewhat like the tomorrow of September 8th - lol - at least it feels like it to me! Either way, here are some more Alaska pics ... can't wait to go back!

Okay so this picture is supposed to be lower down the list but I'm not very good with this blogging thing...so this is Dad, Mom and I after we took a wrong turn on our nature walk...and ended up walking up a mountain for hours...you'll see the sign where we started the trail below...we're still not entirely sure what went wrong - haha



The bear!



This is Menthenhal Glacier - love it! It's receeded quite a bit since we were in Alaska 2 years ago but still amazing - the pictures don't do it justice.


So here's the sign - we wanted to go on the Nugget Creek Trail - 1.5KM - no big deal...we ended up on East Glacier Loop - which was A LOT longer - I think 1.5 hours later we turned back and weren't even half way there.


Mom and dad on our 'hike' - Paul wasn't feeling well so he went back to the ship.

Another view of Mendenhall Glacier

We took a trolly up the mountain in Juneau - here's a shot of the view. It was pretty foggy that day.

This is a piece of ice that they brought in from the water when we sailed by Hubbard Glacier (below)
Here's the life boat going out to get the piece of ice above.
Hubbards Glacier - the splash is from a HUGE chunk of ice breaking off - the sound it makes when that happens is amazing.

Another view of Hubbards Glacier - it's about 300ft deep



Here's us approaching Hubbard Glacier - I'd go to Alaska a hundred times just to see this view...it's amazing in person!


Mom and I trying to stay warm approaching the Glacier. It takes the ship about 1 hour to approach and it's pretty windy and cold!


This is why I love Alaska...beautiful.

These were dolphins or whales, we're not quite sure - I couldn't catch them in a picture, but you can see the dark areas, they're right below the water.

Beautiful Alaska...

2 comments:

Yukes said...

WOW....I can't believe it is finally here!!! I just thought, I'm going to check Diana's blog to see if it has any action yet....and voila, I was soooo surprise. Keep up the good work, I'm adding you too my list, just to keep the pressure on.
Looking forward to your next post.
MY

Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

Way to go Di...finally a post! Don't worry, you still have your fans who are waiting for your every word! LOL